Karey Anne Dhirani
PartnerDirect Phone: 416-865-5343
Office Phone: 416-365-9320
Phone: 416-365-9320 x225
Karey Anne Dhirani
Karey Dhirani is a partner at the firm with a broad commercial litigation practice, specializing in complex construction matters.
Karey has deep knowledge and expertise with respect to both the lien and trust remedies under the Construction Lien Act, and regularly represents developers, builders, contractors and homeowners. Karey also represents clients in matters involving land development, real estate, commercial leasing, insurance matters, bankruptcy and insolvency, employment litigation and neighbor disputes.
Karey is a tenacious, results-oriented litigator who strives for the best results for her clients. She brings a high degree of professionalism to her practice and enjoys a reputation for approachability, responsiveness and common-sense. Karey is also a skilled advocate having extensive courtroom experience appearing before all levels of court in Ontario and several administrative tribunals. Apart from her court experience, her clients appreciate her practical approach and ability to resolve matters quickly and efficiently though alternative dispute resolution.
In addition to her busy and successful practice, Karey frequently acts as an articling principal with the firm. In June 2008, she obtained a Master of Laws in Civil Litigation and Dispute Resolution from Osgoode Hall Law School.
Karey works directly with James Wortzman, Jonathan Kulathungam, Catherine Allen, Nipuni Panamaldeniya, Jared Wortzman, and Daniel Nishiguchi.
- B.A., Pure Mathematics, York University - 1996
- LL.B., Osgoode Hall Law School -1999
- LL.M., Civil Litigation and Dispute Resolution, Osgoode Hall Law School - 2008
- The Advocates Society
- Ontario Bar Association - Women Lawyers Forum and Construction and Infrastructure Law Section
- Canadian Bar Association
- Canadian Association of Women in Construction
- 23 ST THOMAS INC. v METROPOLITAN TORONTO CONDOMINIUM CORPORATION NO. 1255, 2022 ONSC 1628 (CanLII)
- Fortress Real Developments Inc. v Franklin, 2018 ONSC 296 (CanLII)
- Yorkwest Plumbing Supply Inc. v Nortown Plumbing (1998) Ltd., 2016 ONCA 305 (CanLII)
- Clarkway Construction Ltd. v 2247129 Ontario Inc., 2016 ONSC 3991 (CanLII)
- Steel Tree Structures Ltd. v Gemco Solar Inc., 2016 ONSC 955 (CanLII)
- LaFarge Canada Inc. v B Gottardo Construction Ltd., 2015 ONSC 6856 (CanLII)
- Young & Co. Ltd.. v Sgro,2013 ONSC 910(CanLII)
- 1657575 Ontario Inc. v. Hamilton (City), 2008 ONCA 570 (CanLII)